Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Part 2 of July 24, 2011 (the email came in 2 parts!)

Taking a ride over on the ferry to Molokai


Well we got to Molokai and it is definitely a different island. An island of about 7000 people and 1200 of them are members. One of my previous companions Elder Taylor is there and has been for 6 months. He is doing solid and is training now so it was cool to be with him. Some of the doors we tracted into he has talked to 3 or 4 times, but he is a trooper and does work.

The whole town shuts down at like 6 o'clock and its just dead. Let's just say Molokai is not Oahu, but it was one of my favorite islands to visit. Not a touristy place at all, there is not one franchise of anything. They do have some phenomenal bread they make every night at 8:30 called Molokai hot bread, its definitely a good thing I don't live there or I would be buying that stuff like hot cakes! I loved every minute of Molokai, it was just a nice island.

 I am beat as heck and now we head off to Big Island for the week, then come back Thursday and prepare for next transfer already, oh, how the time flies. I am loving it, Elder Street is going back into the field for his next transfer and he is super stoked about that. He has taught me so much about how to be a good missionary, how to work hard and how to lead a bunch of missionaries. My time spent with him has been one of the greatest and I am so blessed to have been companions with him. He is definitely a life long friend of mine and has made an impact on me that will last for a long time.

 I thank you all for all you do, sorry if it has been a while since I have written much.   Things out here are just super busy. Just know I love you all and appreciate all that you do and have done for me, each and everyone of you has helped me to become who I am today. God bless, and have a great week! Love Elder G!

No comments:

Post a Comment