Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 23, 2010-Alooooooooooooha!







Howzit yall this week has just flown by and I can't believe it is already week 5 of this transfer. 12 days from now I will be getting that phone call telling me if I will be staying in my area or going somewhere else. I am pretty sure I will be leaving to Maui tho because only the blessed go to Maui and I am destined to go there haha! I really want to serve on Maui tho!

This Saturday was the long awaited day of the J*** baptism!!! Remember the first day I emailed you guys after we taught them and I said they would be baptized, well it has happened! What an amazing day Saturday was. Honestly it was one of the most spiritual and happiest days of my life. The baptism was at 3 o'clock and there were close to 75 or so people there. They had people from all over the island come, there was a couple from Utah that came, and their daughter from Germany came!!! Tons of nonmembers there and it was so spiritual. He is so funny. He joked about how we were going to have to dunk him 3 times because of all the sins he committed in his life and we reassured him once would do it. However the person performing the baptism messed up twice so he was baptized 3 times! Ha it was quite funny he told a joke about it and told us he was right and that he would have to be baptized 3 times. He is quite the guy. Auntie S**** was awesome as well, she has a huge fear of water so it was really hard for her to get in but she said when she was under she just felt warm and all her fears were gone. The young man doing the baptism really talked her thru the whole thing and calmed her fears.

What a great day, my heart is full and I am so grateful I have been able to see such wonderful people change their lives and come into the fold of God. This church is true man. Brother J*** is going to do great things for the church, I bet he will have the Melchezidek priesthood in a couple months. He already has a calling and they are talking about being sealed next year. I am going to beg and plead with President Dalton to let me go to that because that will be a really special day for them!

Haha like I said Uncle B**** is a funny dude. We were teaching him on Tuesday his final lesson before baptism and that went all good. Uncle B**** is just hilarious like that but he has such a strong testimony. He was praying and he prayed for you guys particularly and asked you to be blessed for my service. His prayers are so sincere, I was crying after that prayer and it brought the Spirit in so strong! He knows I love sweets so he sends me home with chocolate every night, I can't wait to come back here after my mission and have you guys meet him!

Other than that nothing else is really happening, that was our main focus this week! Work is kind of slow now so we are praying for it to pick up. We have some potential investigators to go with but I don't know, its hard to get people to see the light, especially here in Kahala. But you just rely on the Lord and he takes care of the rest.

Here is my thought for the week, it comes from Thomas S. Monson: "remember that you are entitled to our Heavely Fathers blessings in this work (whatever your work is, life school etc.) He did not call you to your privileged post to walk alone, w/o guidance, trusting to luck. On the contrary, He knows your skill, He realizes your devotion, and He will convert your supposed inadequacies to recognized strengths. He has promised, 'I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on you left, and my Spirit shall be in you hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up'".
This is so true my friends, I have witnessed it out here on my mission. Trust in the Lord and he will never fail you.
Thanks for everything, I love you guys!
Elder Garritson

No comments:

Post a Comment