Monday, January 10, 2011

ALOOOOOHA! Jan 3, 2011

Boy its been a while I haven't talked to you all since last year... hahaha lame! But its a New Year and Laie was sweet! Man Hawaii is crazy during New Years, way more than the 4th of July, everyone was popping fireworks, illegal ones and everything. It was so sweet though, us here in Laie. But it was sweet we had a sick talent show on New Years, I'll send you home the videos the Laie Boyz put on an awesome talent!

Along with all the craziness of New Years we had Jonathan's baptism on New Years Eve. That was such a special day to see him finally enter into the waters of baptism! Everything wrong about the mission is put aside when you have a baptism. We were in the water with him helping him out with his leg so it was super special! I love this work, I know its true with every fiber of my being.

Other than that, its been a pretty slow past couple of weeks with all the holidays. People just take off 2 weeks here and party all day and all night its nuts. Whole paychecks are spent on fireworks, they just go wild! We will be hitting the streets hard to find some new investigators. We have a couple on the lookout so it should be solid! Transfer calls are on Sunday, I am pretty sure I am staying but I hope Tuih doesn't leave! We do work out here man.

So I just have one thought for the New Years, something to think about while you have your callings and stuff in the church: "Serve, so others may live." This is what it's all about, we are here to bring the message of the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation to those that don't have it. Build the kingdom up in everyway you can, and may your lives be blessed for this New Year of 2011! Love you all!

Elder Garritson

No comments:

Post a Comment