Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 27, 2012

Baptism in October

 Zone Conferences in December




So this week was pretty good, not a lot happened. Some crazy stuff has
gone down on Maui, but it's all good now so there is nothing to worry about.

We had a lesson with Tasha a couple times this week and she is so
solid! She set her date for baptism on the 17th so I can't wait! It's
going to be amazing! The ward is in such support of her, her husband
is so happy and they have already talked about being sealed in the Temple.

We talked to Amanda as well, we have a lesson with her tonight. We are
shooting for the 10th for her baptism, but we might have to push it
back. She is super busy with volleyball, traveling all over the place.
She is a great person. All of our investigaotrs are so solid, we don't have any concerns,
it's been such a blessing serving here in Hawaii in all my areas.

So I have gained a stronger testimony on the power of prayer. This
week in our Ward Council meeting, I saw something that I haven't seen
happen my whole mission. As a WC, we all got one our knees and prayed
for names ready to receive the Gospel and be on the 15 names list.
Well after that, everyone felt inspired of who they were going to
invite, and committed to inviting them. Within 4 hours we already had
2 people that we prayed about say yes, it was insane. If you were a
missionary, you would understand how cool this is because it never
happens! It was just a strong testimony of how important prayer is in
everything that you do. I know it's true, and I know its the way we
communicate with our Father in Heaven.

Hope all is well, Sunday is when we find out transfers. I hope to be on Maui for the rest of my
mission, but I don't know what will happen with Elder Porter, but we will see next week. Hope all is
well back home, love you all!

Elder G.

No comments:

Post a Comment