Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ALOOOOHA! April 12, 2011

(So, sorry I'm behind in making my posts! So here's his letter from last week, then I'll post his letter from Monday! Time flies! Hopefully we'll get some new pics this week!)


Well its been a crazy week saying goodbye to Hauula and making new friends here in Makakilo! It was hard to say goodbye to Hauula, that was an amazing place and I made so many good friends, but all good things must come to an end. I had a great time serving around all the sisters, with my boy Elder Tuihalangingie and Elder Porter! That will definitely be an area I never forget. Although it was hard to leave I am stoked to be here in Makakilo. Its a different side of the island I haven't been to so I am happy about it!

So this week was a lot of "getting to know you" with all the auxillary leaders in our 2 wards. The bishops and Stake President are great and this is a very high baptizing area. We have a lot of potential out here. My first day here we went and saw a 14 year old girl that the previous elders tracted into and she wants to be taught. She is coming along and is praying/reading about the Book of Mormon. Its going to be good! We also had a lesson with a couple that just got married and then baptized last weekend! What a blessing to hear about that and see them get confirmed this Sunday. Other than that we are hitting the streets hard pounding on the doors! Its cool to finally be tracting again, up in Hauula there wasn't much time for that so I am happy to finally get out again. This is going to be a great transfer! I have a feeling I will be here for a while so it should be solid!

What a great weekend last weekend with conference! So many good talks but my favorite was President Packer's. I would suggest we all take his advice and "let it go". Whatever beef you have with someone, something or whatever just let it go and move on in life. A great lesson we can all take and apply into our lives.

Love you all, keep up the good work!

Elder G OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment