Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Aloha and Merry Christmas--Dec. 20, 2010

(By the way, I was instructed to change Jordan's main picture--someone showed him the pic and he was MORTIFIED! haha! I thought it was cute! Oh well, I'm just the mom and I think all his pics are cute! haha!)

Word up ya'll, Christmas is on the way baby and there is no snow so I have no idea what is going on! I feel so outta the loop, it definitely doesn't feel like Christmas at all! Everything up here in Laie is barren because all the students have gone home for Christmas! Oh if I haven't told you guys, BYU-H is like the closest thing to heaven on earth (besides the temple) so I would recommend coming up here! I love this place, and I love the mission!

So we had a baptism this Friday! Well kinda, Elder Tuih and his last companion taught them and then the sisters took that ward over. I only taught the 2 kids (9 and 11) once but they are super solid! They were super stoked to get baptized! It was a good one. We were trying to get one of our investigators there but no show up so it was kinda a bummer but thats okay we will get him to one this Friday! Baptisms are icing on the cake for us!

Nothing else too special happened this week, I am teaching a girl I went to school with, thats pretty solid! The members out here are way chill, we have a good Christmas eve/day planned so I am happy about that! Calling home is going to be a blessing! But yeah thats about all I got. I just have one thought for you, and seeing how its Christmas I will do a Christmas thought:

Our Heavenly Father gave us his son, and his son gave his life, what are we willing to give? At this Christmas and New Years time, think of something you want to work on,or something you want to give up, and do it for your Savior. Don't do it for anyone else, just for you and him. I have done this and its a blessing. I promise it will be a great experience.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! Love to all Elder Garritson

1 comment:

  1. Hope that "someone" who showed him the picture wasn't Travis. That stinker. I like pictures of Trav that he doesn't like too so I guess it's a mom thing. I'm praying for a good year for the mission. They almost hit their Vision 1000 goal of 1000 baptisms though. Jordan seems to really be busy and happy in his new area and I'm sure that makes your heart happy. Happy New Year to you and Elder G!

    ReplyDelete